We at the Irish Environmental Network are hiring a Marine Campaign Co-ordinator to work on securing vital Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) for our oceans.
Currently just 2.5 percent of our waters are protected, and we need a lot more if we’re going to address the dual climate and biodiversity crisis.
It’s going to take all of us – and as the campaign co-ordinator you’ll being in charge of getting us there.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the design and implementation of a campaign strategy
- Maintaining effective coalition and campaign coordination
- Identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
Some essential criteria for the role include:
- At least five years of experience of success campaign management, including line-management
- At least three years’ experience of leading on grant and/or project administration and management
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline e.g. law, politics, sociology, public administration, marine biology, ocean science, environmental studies, etc.
The contract is for a full-time position over the course of three years. The start date is as soon as possible, and more information about the role can be found here.
The salary band is between €55,000 and €60,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply, please send in a single pdf document a letter of motivation (not more than one page) indicating your salary expectations and two references and a curriculum vitae.
Please also include a one page review of what you regard as the potential challenges and opportunities for securing a network of effective and well-managed MPAs in Irish waters.
Please send your application to email@example.com by 12 July 2021.