The aim of this consultation is to solicit stakeholders’ input on specific issues related to the implementation of the Minamata Convention on Mercury. The results of the consultation will be used as input for the preparation of the Impact Assessment covering specific key areas where EU legislation may need to be amended such as:
- Import restrictions for metallic mercury from non-Parties to the Convention;
- Export ban for certain products containing mercury; Mercury use in new products and processes;
- Restrictions on certain processes where mercury is used;
- Mercury use in Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining (ASGM);
- Environmentally sound storage of non-waste mercury stocks.
For more information visit this website.
Closing date: 14th November 2014