The Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation and Forfás are commencing the process of developing the Action Plan for Jobs 2014. This is an annual process to support the achievement of the Government’s target of increasing employment by 100,000 over the period 2012 to 2016. The process is led by the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Mr Richard Bruton T.D. on behalf of the Government.
The Department is inviting submissions on any proposals or ideas which you would like to have considered during the process of developing the 2014 Action Plan. Submissions are requested by 20th September 2013 and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2014 Action Plan will build on the outcomes and impacts of the two previous Action Plans published in 2012 and 2013. These plans, together with the quarterly progress reports on each, are available at http://www.djei.ie/enterprise/
While all ideas are welcome, we acknowledge that it is businesses that create jobs; therefore we are particularly interested in actions that support the following themes:
1. Access to Finance for SMEs
2. Building Competitive Advantage
3. Driving Entrepreneurship and Start-up Companies
4. Assisting Indigenous Businesses to Grow
5. Developing and Deepening the Impact of Foreign Direct Investment
6. Supporting Employment at Community and Local Level
7. Sectoral Opportunities
If your proposal does not specifically fit into one category, but you believe you have a substantive proposal which will improve the environment to attract, establish or grow a business in Ireland and support jobs, we are interested. Proposals which assist those seeking employment to access it, through skills development, labour market initiatives or supports are also welcome.
In order to facilitate the analysis of proposals; we would appreciate it if you could address the following headings in any submission:
- Contact details – phone/email:
For each proposal, please provide:
- A concise description of proposed action:
- If relevant, what theme (above) does this action support?
- What do you believe is the likely timeline for delivery?
- What is the likely timeline for impact? (short/medium/long-term)
- What decisions or resources might be required to make this happen?
- What do you believe is the likely potential impact on job creation of this action?
- Who should be responsible for implementing this action?
Please feel free to provide any supporting material that may be of assistance. Please forward your submission to email@example.com by 20th September 2013.