The Irish Environmental Network (IEN) are looking for a Communications and Development Officer.
Location: The Macro Building, 1 Green St, Dublin 7
Deadline: 5pm Wednesday March 1st 2017
Company: Irish Environmental Network (IEN)
Contract: One year renewable contract, 37.5 hours per week.
This is a full-time role – Salary will be reflective of the level of experience
About this role
The purpose of this role is to support the objectives of the Irish Environmental Network through the management and implementation of the communications strategy and help develop fundraising capacity in member groups.
You will work in a small but energetic team of three staff and several volunteers. The Irish Environmental Network currently has 33 member organisations. The secretariat works to support the members as well as the advocacy coalition the Environmental Pillar which is made up of 28 of the IEN members.
The role will give you an unparalleled perspective of the Irish environmental sector and environmental issues. Your efforts will help improve the level of collaboration and coordination within the sector to achieve greater environmental sustainability in Ireland.
Ideally you will have a strong background in communications with demonstrated experience in relationship-building with internal and external stakeholders. Knowledge and experience in fundraising will be highly regarded.
- Web: Administering websites
- PR: Management of Media relations, writing press releases, promoting events and campaigns
- Editing and content creation: Editing the news site GreenNews.ie, writing articles and developing content
- Social Media: Manage and grow our social media presence
- Newsletters: Creating content for newsletters
- Events: Coordinate and organise events,
- Design: Graphics creation, video shooting and editing, photography
- Print: Designing leaflets, flyers, posters, etc
- Management: Managing volunteers and Interns
- Advocacy: supporting members in their advocacy work
- Campaigning: Working on campaigns
- Training: Provide communications, media outreach and development training to member organisations
- Fundraising: Increase members’ fundraising capacity
- Partnerships: Build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- 3 years’ experience as a communications officer or equivalent
- Qualification in Communications/PR/Journalism and/or equivalent experience
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience dealing with the media
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management and organisational skills
- Comfortable working collaboratively and independently
- A strong interest in the protection of the Environment.
- Experience with campaigns
- Volunteer management experience
- Fundraising experience
- Graphics creation, video shooting and editing, photography and web design
Please email the following:
- Cover letter (one page maximum)
- CV (two pages maximum)
- Statement addressing how you fulfil each of the essential and desirable skills listed in the Skills Profile. (One to three lines on each bullet point maximum)
- Two writing samples aimed at a general audience
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm March 1st 2017.