- Education for sustainable development (ESD)-including presentations to adult groups
- School workshops with the Wood of Life exhibition- in the primary, post-primary and third level sectors
- Responsible Timber Policy development
- Advocacy & campaigning
- Monitoring wildlife trafficking in Ireland-including animal parts and timber
- Production of resources to enable teachers to embed a development education (DE) perspective in the school curriculum
- Annual lecture to furniture graduates at GMIT Letterfrack-the National Furniture College
Ireland has one of the highest per capita uses of tropical timber in the EU. Just Forests uses Irish society’s dependence on imported timber and wood-based products and the on-going decline in global forests as a tool to establish links between the loss of terrestrial biodiversity, climate change, “development”, conflict and poverty.