Global Action Plan (GAP) Ireland is an award winning environmental NGO born from GAP International, a membership network established in 1989 with 27 member organisations across 23 countries and 5 continents. GAP is at the forefront of education for sustainable development and sustainable behaviour change, including carbon neutral households, schools, communities and work places.
By focusing on environmental behaviour change, GAP’s nationwide programmes and workshops educate and empower individuals to change their long-term consumption habits with sustainable living tools and resources. GAP’s mission is to support people to live more sustainable lifestyles, by offering practical yet creative solutions that inspire people to act on climate change.
- Delivery of parks and schools based environmental programmes – helping children to understand and relate to their local environment.
- Delivery of Green living programmes – assisting individuals and community groups to take actions that create sustainable communities
- Successful establishment and facilitation of two Community gardens and establishing a Master Composter demonstration site in Ballymun
- Assisting organisations with Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Delivery of SEAI Energy in Schools programme
- Smarter travel initiatives
- Delivery of events in line with National environmental campaigns such as Biodiversity week and Heritage week events.
- Actively support and encourage volunteering
All of our training programmes can be found here.